,----[ Albert Chu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ]
| Hey Rene,
|
| Yup, I was able to verify that rebuilding the rpm under Suse fixed the
| problem.  I'm not really sure what the problem was with the old Redhat
| RPMS.  Just did the typical:
|
| > rpmbuild --rebuild freeipmi-0.2.0-1.src.rpm
|
| If you have a number of architectures of Suse, it'd be great if you
| could rebuild the rpms and we could stick em all on the website.
`----
Finally Anand Avati found the issue. He pointed out that old version
of libfreeipmi installed under /usr/lib and 64-bit freeipmi tools
were looking under /usr/lib64. Uninstalling all freeipmi RPMs and
freshly configuring with libdir option solves the problem.

Example:
# ./configure  --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64

Rene, can you please retain remote access during this weekend, I will
try to add support for memory mapped IO too.

Till then Albert suggested you can configure IPMI using the vendor
supplied tool and use GNU FreeIPMI from a remote system. Most of the
GNU FreeIPMI (0.2.0) tools will work remotely too.

--
Anand Babu
GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31