On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 05:41:35PM -0800, Al Chu wrote:
,----
| Ahh, I see this is from one of Dmitry's earlier BSD patches.
|
| The issue with it is that it makes the freeipmi build work, but now
| requires users to define HAVE_STDINT_H to get the build to work if
| they are linking code to libfreeipmi (or requires them to add
| stdint.h themselves prior to freeipmi.h).
|
| I'm not 100% sure of the best solution, but we'll have to look into
| this.
|
| Al
`----
stdint.h is ISO C99 standard. I suppose FreeBSD now has
stdint.h. Typically if a header is not available, then we do
something like ipmi-compat.h and make our own definitions in it. But I
am wondering if they are able to compile freeipmi code without
stdint.h or any other freebsd specific header inclusion, then stdint
data types should be defined in some other standard header file.
Checking for HAVE_SDTINT_H is not appropriate in this case.

If older versions of FreeBSD did not have stdint.h but their definitions
were available through other standard headers, we should understand
more about the problem. May be #if defined(__FreeBSD__) with version
check will do.

--
Anand Babu

--