* Anand Babu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [15.12.2006 14:15]:

> On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 05:41:35PM -0800, Al Chu wrote:
> ,----
> | Ahh, I see this is from one of Dmitry's earlier BSD patches.
> |
> | The issue with it is that it makes the freeipmi build work, but now
> | requires users to define HAVE_STDINT_H to get the build to work if
> | they are linking code to libfreeipmi (or requires them to add
> | stdint.h themselves prior to freeipmi.h).
> |
> | I'm not 100% sure of the best solution, but we'll have to look into
> | this.
> |
> | Al
> `----
> stdint.h is ISO C99 standard. I suppose FreeBSD now has
> stdint.h. Typically if a header is not available, then we do
> something like ipmi-compat.h and make our own definitions in it. But I
> am wondering if they are able to compile freeipmi code without
> stdint.h or any other freebsd specific header inclusion, then stdint
> data types should be defined in some other standard header file.
> Checking for HAVE_SDTINT_H is not appropriate in this case.
>
> If older versions of FreeBSD did not have stdint.h but their definitions
> were available through other standard headers, we should understand
> more about the problem. May be #if defined(__FreeBSD__) with version
> check will do.

I'm sorry guys, that's completely my fault, since I brought
HAVE_STDINT_H into the tree. The better way would be that ugly construct:

#ifdef __FreeBSD__
# include <sys/param.h>
# if __FreeBSD_version >= 500000
#  include <stdint.h>
# else
#  include <inttypes.h> /* stdint.h predecessor */
# endif
#else
# include <stdint.h>
#endif

> --
> Anand Babu
>

> On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 17:10 -0800, Al Chu wrote:
> > I noticed that some of the libfreeipmi .h files had stdint.h wrapped
> > around "#if HAVE_STDINT_H", or even tried to load config.h, which is
> > incorrect.
> >
> > To my knowledge, stdint.h is standard.  Is it an issue for some OSes not
> > to include it?
> >
> > Al

    wbr&w, dmitry.
--
Dmitry Frolov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
RISS-Telecom Network, Novosibirsk, Russia