At 10:53 AM 11/14/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Nathan Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > 1.  When received requests directly to the new freeradius machine from
> > either UUNet or other CHAP enabled provider, freeradius is _never_ sending
> > the CHAP-Challenge to the script nor logging it in the radius debug
> > output.  I show this below in some debug outputs.
>
>   That's because it isn't receiving the CHAP-Challenge.  Look at the
>example packet you sent.  There's no CHAP-Challenge there.

I agree it's certainly not in the debug; however, I do know the provider is
sending the CHAP-Challenge as it arrives on my other radius servers just fine.

>   The RFC's (in their infinite wisdom) allow the CHAP-Challenge to be
>implicit in the request authenticator.  The preprocess module should
>probably look for CHAP-Password, CHAP-Challenge, and add a
>CHAP-Challenge if it's not there.
>
>   Right now, only the proxy code does this.  It would be a ~5 line
>change to rlm_preprocess to fix it.

If the code is "adding" a CHAP-Challenge is it going to be adding the
correct one?  Or is it just grappling it from the packet it received
somehow?  I assume the NAS originally sends the chap-challenge?

Also, I am certainly not a C coder.  I have asked a fellow coder to look at
the rlm_preprocess and do as you say, but does anyone in devel team have an
idea what these ~5 lines should be to make this happen?

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html