Hi there,

I'm trying to build freeradius 0.3 with the native AIX compiler (xlC 3.6.6)
configure does only work with "--with-threads=no" (and has to use xlc_r
instead
of cc, but this is a known issue :-))
Plain configure stops while configuring libltdl:

<snip>
configuring in libltdl
running /bin/sh ./configure  --enable-ltdl-install=no --cache-file
=.././config.cache --srcdir=.
checking for a BSD compatible install... ./../install-sh -c
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for gcc... (cached) cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc -I/usr/local/include -D_REENTRANT
-DNDEBUG -L/usr/local/lib) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.
configure: error: ./configure failed for libltdl
<snip>

config.log in libltdl contains the following lines:
<snip>
configure:941: checking whether the C compiler (cc -I/usr/local/include
-D_REENTRANT -DNDEBUG -L/usr/local/lib) works
configure:957: cc -o conftest -I/usr/local/include -D_REENTRANT -DNDEBUG
-L/usr/local/lib conftest.c  -lpthread none required 1>&5
cc: 1501-228 input file none not found
cc: 1501-228 input file required not found
configure: failed program was:

#line 952 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

main(){return(0);}
<snip>

There is indeed no inputfiles "none" and "required"... looks like configure
does wiered things.
But there are similar lines in the main config.log, so I guess the bug is
somewhere in the main configure script...
This does not happen if built with "--with-threads=no".

CFLAGS are set to "-I/usr/local/include", LDFLAGS to "-L/usr/local/lib" but
are ignored in some directories.

Finally one question: Why do you look for mysql headers in
<mysql/mysql.h>?? Wouldn't it be better to
set a path to the header file directly? --with-mysql-include= still expects
the mysql directory :-(
Since my header files are under /usr/local/include there is no way to make
it work without either modify
the source or add "compatibility links".

Any comments?

Regards,
Armin

-