Thanks for your response.

Actually somebody had provided such a patch before in this list.
However, the operators don\'t solve the problem in this case of
the rlm_sql setup.

The real problem has to do with what happens if I want to have a
\"state dependent\" response. That is, curently, the rlm_sql just
send whatever is there for a particular user in the radreply
table. So how does it know if this is the first request or the
second request?. Then perhaps I should have 1 table for the
first request and another for the second request.. That is
radreply1 and radreply2 tables.

The other problem is actually how do we tell rlm_sql to send
replies from radreply1 or radreply2 tables?. Currently what
happens if I insert the same user 2 times in the radcheck
table?. One time for the case where my incoming attribute is
\"value1\" and another entry for when the incoming attribute for
the same user is \"value2\"?. There is no way of telling it to
retrieve a second set of replies.

All this is important for people trying to implement prepaid or
postpaid calling cards. This is a MUST if you want to make a
VoIP device such as a Cisco working in that type of scenario.

The solution that I have thought about implementing (perhaps not
the most elegant) is to add yet another row called \"table\". That
will tell rlm_sql which table to look up the reply attributes
for that specific user. I have no idea if this would be enough
but it at least will get me somewhere.

As VoIP platforms become more and more popular within the RADIUS
world, perhaps people will have a need for this.

In the prepaid card set up, you have the \"NAS\" or VoIP RADIUS
client send you a first request for validating the account
(asking amount of money left in the card) and the a second
request for the same user (asking you how many minutes you can
talk for after you have entered your destination number).

Any ideas are welcome. Perhaps this has an easy solution using
other modules like counter or filter but I have no idea what
they are used for yet.

Thanks again for the reply,

Jose\' L.