I had the same problem with a Cisco IOS device. (okay, it was an AS5300).
Cisco IOS wants to use 1645 et al by default. I instead, ran Radiusd on
1812, 1813, 1814 (the new standard), and told Cisco IOS to go to those
ports instead.

I suppose a person could always run another instance of radiusd on the old
ports as well (of course, logging to another directory.)

BTW, this software has been working quite well for me. My next project is
to link the accounting to an SQL database.

Happy, happy!

Donovan Hill
Electronics Engineering Technologist.
Alantra Venture Corp/Vancouver Teleport