On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Jean-Paul Chapalain wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> Alan DeKok wrote:
> > Jean-Paul Chapalain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >>After many tests, for me the only "EAP methods" that run with Ldap is
> >>EAP/TTLS (PAP) (SecureW2 client).
> >>I suppose that all other methods use MS-CHAP(LEAP) or MS-CHAPV2(PEAP)
> >>and freeradius can retreive clair password for Ldap bind.
> >

> >   Then don't bind as the user to LDAP.  Use LDAP to retreive the
> > clear-text password.
>
> Could you say me how to retreive clear-text password from Ldap with
> FreeRadius ?

Please see doc/rlm_ldap and the list archives. This has been answered lots and
lots of times. In general just play with the password_attribute and
password_header attributes, place rlm_ldap in the authorize section, make sure
that the eap module ends up handling the authentication phase and not rlm_ldap
and you 're ok.

> >   There are other people using LDAP with PEAP.
>
> With a same config, EAP/TTLS is working with Ldap when EAP/LEAP or
> EAP/PEAP is working only with local User-Password !
>
> I'm interested for a sample of EAP/LEAP or EAP/PEAP config working with
> Ldap Backend.

The default config should work with just uncommenting  password_attribute and
password_header and setting them to the correct values which correspond to your
environment. Nothing more should be required.

--
Kostas Kalevras         Network Operations Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       National Technical University of Athens, Greece