Y ou just ahve to put Auth-Type := pam in the users file

=================

Déborah Malka

Thanks for the reply Deborah, unfortunately the suggestion you made below doesn't seem to work. When I change auth-type from system to pam... this is what happens:

When I run login it behaves very strangely... it asks for password twice. After I enter the password for the second time I get the same message as before:

login: test
Password:
Password:

Authentication service cannot retrieve authentication info.

On the Radius server I now get an access-reject message:

 rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type pam
auth: type "PAM"
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Delaying request 0 for 1 seconds
Finished request 0
Going to the next request
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Waking up in 1 seconds...
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Waking up in 1 seconds...
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Sending Access-Reject of id 125 to 127.0.0.1:6512
Waking up in 4 seconds...

Also I think that using Auth-Type = Pam, makes radius authenticate via pam. Whereas what I am trying to do is to get the unix login program to authenticate via my radius server using pam module. Anyone have any further ideas?

Thanks