hi

strictly spoken, the server-to-client communication is not defined within RADIUS protocol which follows the client-server comm. model.

this possibility does exist in DIAMETER (if you find an NAS which understands it, please shout!)

practically, cisco does something like that in RADIUS (but it's of course proprietary to the cisco equipment) and you can disconnect by using scripts etc., i.e. basically by leaving the radius context.

ciao artur

Damjan wrote:

Admin can/would log off the logged in clients on the domain that the
RADIUS server resides. That's not a problem. But how does one tell NAS
equipment about it? In my case, What would be the protocol to do ask
NAS equipment to disassociate certain clients?

Obviously that depends from NAS to NAS, for ex. I can telnet into my
dial-up access server and kick a user by his ID.

btw, if you don't tell the NAS equipment that a user should be
logged-off you've done nothing by "Admin can/would log off the logged in
clients on the domain that the RADIUS server resides". What would that
accomplish (I dont even understand how do you think that will work?!?)