Ok, I have more info. I was using Freeradius on Solaris 9 - Sparc and that is where it has been giving me fits. I finally decided to try it on Fedora Core 1 - x86 and it works without a problem. What difference is there between Solaris 9 and Core 1 that would give me this error? I've decided to implement Freeradius on Linux for now (to get it going), but would still like to solve the problem.

--seth

--
Seth Law
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Alan DeKok wrote:
Seth Law <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I don't doubt what you are saying, but I'm still seeing a password garbage with both secrets set to 'test' (retyped about 20 times without the quotes).

Unless there's a bug in the shared secret decryption/encryption code
which is specific to your machine... the shared secret is the only
thing that causes this problem.

My client.conf entry looks like this:

Is there something wrong with that?

  Nope.

  Are you sure that's the file that the radius server is reading?  If
you have 2-3 installations, it might be reading one file, while you're
editing another.