Hello,
how many records in radacct table do you manage to keep, guys?
I see that radius stops working properly after about 150000 accounting
records in Oracle (9.2.0.4) database or ~30000 in PostgreSQL 7.4.6.
After that amount accounting records are not written into table and FR
(v1.0.1) claims about "no DB handles to use".
I see this with Oracle and Postgres. The symptoms are the same on two
different Solaris8 machines - Netra1120 with 2x440MHz processors and
SunFire V240 with 2x1GHz processors.
All recomendations about tuning are met - noatime on partitions with
DB, no detail accounting, indexes on the accounting table.
I'm fighting with that for a couple of months with no understanding
what else could be wrong.
Our DBA did some tunings on Oracle table and configuration - with no
visible results.
PostgreSQL is not tuned - just 'configure,make,make install, initdb,
createdb radius,etc'.

--
Alexander