> > Message: 8
> > Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:17:05 -0500 (EST)
> > From: Joe H <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > To: freeradius-users@lists.freeradius.org
> > Subject: Freeradius hangs after a HUP
> >
> > We have two seemingly identical freeradius servers, for this email lets
> > call them radius-1 and radius-2.  Both are FreeBSD 4.9 systems running
> > freeradius 1.0.1 with an Openldap 2.2.18 authentication method.  Both
> > machines run freeradius without a problem.  When I send a HUP to reload
> > the config files on radius-1, the radiusd process hangs and needs to be
> > killed and started.  If I do the same process on radius-2, it reloads
> > fine.  I have diffed all the configs and the only thing that is different
> > in them is the listen statements in the radiusd.conf, as they should be.
> > My question is, has anyone seen this before and if so, how was it fixed?
> >
> > Troubleshooting already done:
> > Checked configs for errors.
> > reinstalled freeradius
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> > --__--__--
> >

> We had this problem with two different versions (pre 1) to the point
> were we just gave up on HUP.  we just force a restart each time.  the 30
> second reload time doesn't affect the users as far as we can see and we
> ensure we get a clean load each time.  BTW, we are/were running this on
> Sol 8 and now Sol 9.
> --
> Terry J Fike Jr
> System Administrator
> MTA Solutions
> 907-793-4100
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

With my situation, doing the restart of the process causes radius to stop
working and the radius process climbs to about 90% CPU usage.  It just
displays the process number over and over.  I have let it set for up to a
couple minutes with it never actually restarting.  Here is what I see:

# ./radiusd.sh restart
Stopping radiusd.
Waiting for PIDS: 366, 366, 366, 366, 366, 366, 366, 366, 366, 366, 366,
366, 366, 366^C

This is just an example for about 10 seconds worth of waiting but it does
the exact same thing whether I wait 10 seconds or 2 minutes.  I am
planning to do a fresh reinstall of all the ports along with a source
update unless I can figure out a solution for this.  We do quite a few
changes to the configs so this is becoming a problem.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html