On Tuesday 29 March 2005 13:49, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have read a lot of docs in making the postgresql works with freeradius v
> 1.0.2 however, all my effort proves abortive.
>
> I will be glad if I can be directed to a mail on the list or docs to read
> to get freeradius work with postgresql.

You don't mention exactly what you are having problems with. If you were to
post some logs from "radiusd-X" we might be able to help you.

Getting FreeRADIUS to work with Postgresql is trivial.

Here are instructions for SUSE 9.2:

Install "postgresql-server" from YaST
Install "freeradius" from YaST
# yast2 online_update   (To make sure you have the updated versions)
# rcpostgresql start
# chkconfig postgresql on
set "tcpip_socket = true" in /var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf
Make sure there is a line in /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf like:
"host    all         all         127.0.0.1                         trust"
(Actually this config is not recommended for security reasons on a production
server but it will get you working for now)

Go to:
http://www.freeradius.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/radiusd/src/modules/rlm_sql/drivers/rlm_sql_postgresql/db_postgresql.sql
Click on (download) for the most recent version and save it somewhere.

# rcpostgresql restart
# createdb -U postgres radius
# createlang -U postgres plpgsql radius  (This step is optional. Without it
you will see a harmless error in the next step)
# psql -U postgres radius < /path/to/downloaded/db_postgresql.sql

edit /etr/raddb/radiusd.conf to "$INCLUDE  ${confdir}/postgresql.conf" INSTEAD
of "$INCLUDE  ${confdir}/sql.conf"

enable "sql" in whichever sections of radiusd.conf you want to use it
(Accounting etc)

# rcradiusd start

This will give you a working FreeRADIUS 1.0.0 install. If you need/want a
newer version, then you will need to compile it yourself which obviously
requires a few extra steps...

Cheers
--

Peter Nixon