Blake wrote:

My guess is that it has something to do with the error when importing the tables from the db_mysql.sql file. The error was on the nas table. Like I said I ended up having to omit the entry for default '0' on the id row.

No matter how I worded the default. I would get a syntax error everytime.

perhaps the db_mysql.sql is outdated and doesn't work with mysql 4.1.10a

-Blake-

Another clue is:

When I delete the radius database out of mysql. The radius server starts fine. The log says that it's running. It does of course say that the database radius doesn't exist. This tells me that radius is connecting to the database without any problems. It's only when it acctually starts to read the database it has a problem. Another little clue is that when the database exists and I have the wrong username and password in the sql.conf file it will not authenticate. I can run this command from the prompt
mysqlcheck -c --host=127.0.0.1 -u chilli -p -B radius

and type the password and it reads and checks the tables. they all come back ok.... So it's definatly not a connection problem. It must be the radius database.

-Blake-