On Mar 28, 2007, at 11:28 AM, Alan DeKok wrote:

> Brad Lachel wrote:
>> I am trying to create a log that tell me who attempted to login,
>> when, where and what the result was.  I have uncommented the auth_log
>> line and the reply_log line as well as the detail auth_log and detail
>> reply_log sections.  When I start up radius, it appears that both the
>> auth_log and reply log are activated as they both appear correctly in
>> the instantiated section of the startup process.  When an attempt is
>> made to login, the authentication is logged, but the reply is not.
>> What am I missing?
>
>   Run it in debug mode, and see if it calls the "reply_log" module.

When the detail module is loaded, the auth_log appears to get loaded,
but the reply_log does not.

>> I will admit that I am not real comfortable in deciphering the how-
>> to's and config files associated with freeradius, but I think that I
>> have done what I need to in order to get what I am looking for.
>
>   The documentation is clear... sometimes.  That's why I'm writing the
> book.  I don't think the book will cover everything, but maybe the
> second edition will do that. :)

It is probably due more  to my like of knowledge in this area.
Working for a school district, I wear too many hats, so I can do a
lot of things, but sometimes my understanding of what I am doing
leaves a little to be desired.

>> freeradius is being used to authenticate users to wireless access
>> points, the ideal log would look something like this:
>>
>> MAC  time            WAP IP          result
>
>   In the CVS head (what will be 2.0), you can easily create that
> format
> with the "line_log" module.  In 1.1.5, it's problematic..
>
>   The good news is that I've made major progress today, which shortens
> the 2.0 time frame.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
> --
>   http://deployingradius.com       - The web site of the book
>   http://deployingradius.com/blog/ - The blog
> users.html

All e-mail to and from this address is subject to the Acceptable Use Policies
of Community High School District #155. All e-mail may be monitored and/or
disclosed to third parties. Any views or opinions presented in an e-mail are
solely those of the author and may not represent those of Community High School
District #155.

Community High School District #155
http://www.d155.org

-