Hi,

With eduroam, its good practice to proxy accounting packets back to the home server. But it's also very useful to record those accounting packets.

Before I just set up the proxy in pre-acct, then listed the SQL module in accounting, and let the accounting server sent the accounting-reply... I never really liked this way because if the remote accounting server was down, it would mean lots of repeat accounting packets.

What I was to do now is write out the accounting packet to two detail files, something like acct-buffer-sql and acct-buffer-proxy.

Use one file to populate our local SQL db, and the other to deal with proxying the accounting information back to the home server.

This would mean duplicate accounting-response packets being sent, which isn't ideal. Is there any way to stop the server sending an accounting response packet when it receives the reply from the home server ?

Thanks,
Arran
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html