[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
It is "other" both in the localhost client and in the client I created
to test using radiustest.

I have, it shows 5 sessions for this user.

mysql> SELECT COUNT(*)  FROM radacct WHERE UserName='yellowhousejake'
AND AcctStopTime = 0;
+----------+
| COUNT(*) |
+----------+
|        5 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

- send Access-Request
Changed Packet-Type to Access-Request, auth is approved.

--------------------10/27/2008 2:26:27 PM Test started
[check_simul]-------------------------
Info:Sending Access-Request of id 0 to 10.0.241.95:1645
        User-Name = "yellowhousejake"
        User-Password = "marlin"
Info: Access-Accept packet from host 10.0.241.95:1645, id=0, length=89
        Service-Type = Framed-User
        Framed-Protocol = PPP
        Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254
        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255
        Framed-Routing = None
        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP
        Filter-Id = "std.ppp"
        Framed-MTU = 1500
        Port-Limit = 1
        Idle-Timeout = 600
        Session-Timeout = 28800

           Total approved auths:  1
             Total denied auths:  0
               Total lost auths:  0
               Total time(secs):  0

Since I am testing with a test client from my laptop, and using radtest
on the radius server (localhost), and using only accounting data to
check for simultaneous use, does checkrad even come into play?

Not when nastype is set to "other". Post the debug (radiusd -X). And
user/group entry (where is Simultaneous-Use set).

Here is the last debug I ran plus the query results for that user's config.

http://pixelhammer.com/Dan/debug.txt

DAve

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

--
I am watching the debate and I am very disappointed. The rules are
simple, "answer the question". I would vote right now, and I can