On 09/30/2009 12:52 PM, paul.blal...@gmail.com wrote:
So I went back to a clean install of Fedora 11, followed the
instructions on installing freeradius via yum.
Then I issued the command:

chkconfig --list radiusd (and got the following)
radiusd 0:off 1:off 2:off 3:off 4:off 5:off 6:off

so i entered sudo chkconfig radiusd on
and then I got
chkconfig --list radiusd
radiusd 0:off 1:off 2:on 3:on 4:on 5:on 6:off

I then restart the computer to verify that it works correctly, and it
does not. I still have to log into an account before the service starts.
Is there anything else I can try to get this working correctly?

As previously asked before, what does "service radiusd status" report after booting. If it says the service is not running then what does "sudo service radius start" report? Did it fail? If you have most likely have a configuration problem which is preventing the server from starting. If so then what is the output of "/usr/sbin/radiusd -X"

If logging into a desktop session has any impact whatsoever then something is horribly wrong, this is not normal at all. Are you sure you didn't mess with "Startup Applications"?

--
John Dennis <jden...@redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/