On 12/10/12 13:48, David Mitton wrote:
The behavior _is_ configurable, but as you have observed for your
particular network, the default is not to attempt machine auth.   It is
configurable on a per-network connection basis, I'm getting fuzzy on if
it's adapter or SSID based.

No, you've misunderstood the point I'm making.

I am aware that machine and user auth are configurable (FYI, it's per-adapter on LAN, per SSID on wireless).

The issue the OP seems to be facing is that, when *doing* machine auth, he gets different format names on wired versus wireless.

Windows doesn't do that, so either his RADIUS config or Wi-Fi network is mangling them.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html