Hi,

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 10:14:07AM +0200, Christian Nilsson wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Jay Sorg <jay.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Are we saying as a project we do not support Debian 6?
don't think so. Currently basic build should work with version 2.8.0 since its
available
on most recent distributions (Marc-André already pushed a fix for the
PIC problem
https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/commit/cebea5590af89b0eaa0818d7ac241efd3937a273).
Squeeze has 2.8.2 iirc so build should be fine (again ;).

There are some build features, like MONOLITHIC_BUILD or
GetGitRevisionDescription, which use cmake version > 2.8.0.
But these features are not required for a regular build and have a check
with waring/error if they are enabled and the needed cmake version isn't
found.

The latest cmake versions add some nice and useful features it would
be a pity if we can't use them at all. So I think using 2.8.0 as base
version and check the cmake version to enable extra build features is a good
approach.

Best regards,
Bernhard