The increase in FA in patients is strange indeed. Are there any outliers in the tract averages? (Sorry if you've already mentioned this.)

There are definitely situations in which TBSS and tracula would give you different results, since tracula gives you average FA in a large bundle, whereas TBSS gives voxel-based differences, where the voxels are on the skeleton of the white matter. So you could imagine a situation where part of a tract shows a decrease and other parts don't. Have you looked at the FA as a function of position along the tract from tracula (the other stats file that it gives you)?