Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your response.

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Bruce Fischl <fis...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>wrote:

> Hi Dan
>
> how do you do the B1 correction?

using -afi with a custom B1 map.

> And why would we need to know the field strength? The T1 is certainly a
> function of the field strength, but we will just find the T1 for whatever
> strength field the input data was acquired with.
>
> And yes, we search in 5ms increments. You could certainly change that if
> you want (it's a constant in the code), but I don't think we have the
> sensitivity to distinguish 5ms differences in T1 from typical input data.
>
> The bigger problem is getting stable estimates of T2* from a max echo time
> of <15ms. The maps we have generated are *really* noisy. Note that by
> default we don't remove the T2* component from the PD unless you specify
> -correct on the command line, in which case we will write out a
> PDcorrected.mgz as well that is divided by the T2* decay term.

I haven't used this option. What criteria should be used to decide if it is
necessary.

> I guess in the end I'm not clear what problem you are trying to solve. If
> the discretization only has a small effect on the estimates, do you need to
> fix anything?

I am using the resultant PD.mgz from two different measurements to
calculate equilibrium magnetization dependent temperature changes. I am
just trying to learn more and make sure that I am not violating any of the
assumptions in mri_ms_fitparms.

Thanks
Dan