Hi Tudor,

the longitudinal pipeline in FS is actually one of the best on the planet as far as I know :-). If there is any contradictory information on the wiki, can you point me to that so I can see what causes the misconception. Really: compared to independent processing, it significantly increases sensitivity. Also we have designed it to be unbiased with respect to a single time point or directionality. It is quite mature by now.

You should definitely use the longitudinal pipeline for the analysis of your data. Now to your questions

1. QDEC: I am not too familiar with qdec. You can definitely try the 2-stage approach described on the wiki. There you first compute a measure of change (e.g. hippocampal volume change during your week) and then compare that measure across groups similar to a cross sectional volume/thickness analysis. You can also use our tools to run a linear mixed effects model if you want to do that (it is more involved and requires you to use matlab tools). In your case, you probably have 2 time points for all subjects and the time distance is probably the same for all subjects, so the 2-stage approach should be fine.

2. The image processing is done via the longitudinal pipeline (three steps: cross, base, long), to prepare the data look at the description of the 2-stage model
http://freesurfer.net/fswiki/LongitudinalTwoStageModel
and also the longitudinal tutorial
http://freesurfer.net/fswiki/FsTutorial/LongitudinalTutorial

3. At the recon all level in FS you get (after the 3 steps) measurement for all time points. So you would compare those results across time in the stats.

Hope that helps, Martin