Hi Z K,

Yes I am sure as I have tried the same MPRGAE image on all 16 PCs. The one
installed with the latest freesurfer version did not work while others
finished the processing in a reasonable processing time and I got the
results.

Also, I have a PC at my office installed with the latest freesurfer version
and it works fine. So I have two PCs installed with the latest Freesurfer
(one of them which does not work is in the lab).

To summarize:
All PCs (16 PCs in the lab and 1 in my office) are installed with latest
Ubuntu version 14.04 64 bits
15 PCs in the lab are installed with freesurfer 5.0.0 version
1 PC in the lab is installed with the latest freesurfer version (does not
work, permission denied)
1 PC in my office is installed with the latest freesurfer version (works
fine)

All these PCs have Ubuntu 14.04 64bit installed on them.

No, I am not using any vitual machine.

Regarding the root user, I will try it on Sunday as I am away for a couple
of days.

Many thanks for your continuous support.

Ali

ali.radai...@hu.edu.jo <ali.radai...@hu.edu.jo>*