I'm not sure what you are trying to do in the long run. If you have two
different scan days and you want to test for differences between them,
then analyze each day separately in FSFAST (no problem about the
different number of slices). Within a day, each run is separately
registered to the anatomical, so there is no issue about aligning to the
first time point of the first run. Each run is aligned to the middle
time point of each run.

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center
gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu