I too am puzzled as to why you would want to do this.  In terms of getting
improvement in the alignment across subjects TBSS is one way to approach
this.  Another would be to use the fiber orientations in the registration
like these folks have done:
http://dti-tk.sourceforge.net/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.HomePage

If you are interested in studying the properties of cortical grey matter
there might be better modalities than FA.  If you can provide more details
on what you are trying to do, perhaps that would clarify how to go about
it?

Peace,

Matt.

On 3/22/16, 2:49 PM, "Douglas N Greve"