From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
[freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu] on behalf of R Edgar
[freesurfer....@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 3:46 PM
To: Freesurfer support list
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Any updates on recon-all GPU support?

On 22 June 2016 at 18:17, Derek Pisner <dpis...@psychiatry.arizona.edu> wrote:
> Anyone manage to successfully configure recon-all to run with -use-gpu for
> recent cuda toolkit versions? I realize cuda support has ceased over the past
> few years for Freesurfer, but have there been any successful builds for CUDA
> toolkit versions 6 and up? I am currently looking to configure cuda support
> on a Tesla K80 GPU, which is part of a small beowulf cluster, which is
> working wonderfully with FSL's cuda support. Many moons ago, when gpu support
> was working, I found the -use-gpu option with recon-all to be significantly
> faster and more practical (for the user) than the -openmp option (which even
> on a 150 core cluster has provided limited speedup during batch runs).
> Curious to hear what others have been doing.

I've successfully compiled and run mri_ca_register_cuda with CUDA SDK
7.5 (and a K1200 Quadro). I've also made a few performance tweaks,
which have shaved another minute or so off mri_ca_register_cuda.

If you're having trouble compiling from source, I can try to help, if
you let me know where you're hitting trouble.

Regards,

Richard