That is a volume-based label. Try using the --paint option to
mri_label2label to convert it to a surface-based label (assuming it is
actually on the surface). Run mri_label2label with --help to get an example

--
Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center

FileDrop: https://gate.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/filedrop2