I had the same problem with one server. The freesurfer version
is freesurfer-Linux-centos6_x86_64-stable-pub-v6.0.0-2beb96c.
The system is openSUSE13.2 for both servers. But one works well (A), while
another one showed this problem (B). I found the kernel is somehow
different, though I am not sure whether this is the point. kernel for A is
3.16.7-35-desktop, while kernel for B is 3.16.6-2-desktop.
They have the same verion of perl, v5.20.1.

Hope this case would be helpful for fixing the issue.

Best,
Xiangzhen