Do you mean after –autorecon1 –noskullstrip done we copy T1.mgz to
brainmask.auto.mgz and a link from brainmask.auto.mgz to brainmask.mgz? Because
I also did that and saw some cerebral cortex labeled as brain stem. There is no
brain-stem in my skull-stripped data.

Tugce

dur...@iupui.edu

On 10/17/17, 12:39 PM, "freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu on behalf of
Douglas N Greve" <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu on behalf of
gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> wrote:

    No, but I think if you copy it to brainmask.mgz that it will then use that

gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> wrote:

    >      if they look ok, then I think they are ok
    >

    >      On 10/17/2017 12:05 PM, Duran, Tugce wrote:
    >      > That is exaclty right! But how did freesurfer respond to that,
performing the skull stripping to skull-stripped data?
gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> wrote:
    >      >
    >      >      if you put -all AFTER the -noskullstrip, then it would have
performed
    >      >      the skull stripping
    >      >
    >      >
    >      >      On 10/17/2017 10:44 AM, Duran, Tugce wrote:
    >      >      >
    >      >      > Dear FreeSurfer Team,
    >      >      >
    >      >      > I have recently submitted my skull-stripped data into
FreeSurfer v6.
    >      >      > Since this is a separate process than the default recon-all
–all, I
    >      >      > followed the recommended steps that are posted on the
FSwiki website,
https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/UserContributions/FAQ#Q.Ihavealreadyskull-strippeddata.CanIsubmitittorecon-all.3F
    >      >      >
    >      >      > By doing so, I accidentally submitted my data both with
*recon-all
    >      >      > -autorecon1 -noskullstrip -s <subjid> *and *–all *flag at
the beginning.
    >      >      >
    >      >      > Using PBS script, here is an example of this:
    >      >      >
    >      >      > list="E001_V1 E002_V1 E003_V1 E004_V1 E005_V1 E006_V1
E008_V1 E010_V1
    >      >      > E011_V1 E013_V1 E014_V1 E015_V1"
    >      >      >
    >      >      > echo $list
    >      >      >
    >      >      > OUTDIR="/pathtodirectory/logs_KT"
    >      >      >
    >      >      > PREFIX="recon-all"
    >      >      >
    >      >      > for index in $list; do
    >      >      >
    >      >      > recon-all *–autorecon1 –noskullstrip*-i
    >      >      > /pathtodirectory/$index/"$index".nii -subject $index -sd
    >      >      > /pathtodirectory *-all *1>$OUTDIR/$PREFIX.$index.out
    >      >      > 2>$OUTDIR/$PREFIX.$index.err &
    >      >      >
    >      >      > done
    >      >      >
    >      >      > wait
    >      >      >
    >      >      > I forgot to remove the flag –all at the end of this command.
    >      >      > Therefore, freesurfer v6 processed my data all the way till
the end
    >      >      > and Viola it worked! And I am wondering If I could trust
this data
    >      >      > since it looks OKAY when I look at the segmentation,
parcellation. Can
    >      >      > I trust this skull-stripped processes data with –autorecon1
    >      >      > –noskullstrip and –all options?
    >      >      >
    >      >      > I hope my explanation and question makes sense.
    >      >      >
    >      >      > Thanks,
    >      >      >
    >      >      > Tugce Duran
    >      >      >
    >      >      > dur...@iupui.edu
    >      >      >
    >      >      >
    >      >      >
    >      >      > _______________________________________________
    >      >      > Freesurfer mailing list
    >      >      > Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
    >      >
    >      >      --
    >      >      Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
    >      >      MGH-NMR Center
    >      >      gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
    >      >      Phone Number: 617-724-2358
    >      >      Fax: 617-726-7422
    >      >
    >      >      Bugs: surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting
    >      >      FileDrop: https://gate.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/filedrop2
    >      >      www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html
    >      >      Outgoing:
ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/flat/greve/
    >      >
    >      >      _______________________________________________
    >      >      Freesurfer mailing list
    >      >      Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
    >      >
    >      >
    >      >      The information in this e-mail is intended only for the
person to whom it is
    >      >      addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in
error and the e-mail
    >      >      contains patient information, please contact the Partners
Compliance HelpLine at