Hi Joonyoung

you can just install the new version in a new location and point your path at it instead of the older version.

On Tue, 12 Dec 2017, 강준영 wrote:

Hello!

I'm Joonyoung Kang, a graduate student in neuroscience.

I've been using freesurfer over an year and I realized that I've used an old
version of it.

So I decided to update freesurfer and I couldn't find a way to do that.

Do I just have to re-install the new version of freesurfer?

If so, do I have to make a backup for my previous data in freesurfer folders?

Thank you!

p.s.
I'm currently using MacOS X (10.11.6),
freesurfer-Darwin-lion-stable-pub-v5.3.0, and
Xquartz 2.7.11

Sincerely,

Joonyoung Kang.