I am indeed considering LME model since I have multiple visits (4) for each
subject and multiple groups (3).

Based on your response, I am inclined to include the following.

Intercept - random variable
Slope (time_base_scan) - random variable

As I am including time_base_scan as the random variable, this should take care
of the timing information. Am I correct in making this assumption?

Moving on to the categorical variables - group and visit.
I want to evaluate the following effects
1. group
2. visit
3. group and visit

My concern here is how do I design the contrast matrix for this?

I am aware that I have asked more than my fair share of questions and very
grateful to you for being exceedingly patient in answering them.

Mayank