Hi Matt

I'm sorry to hear it. I've never heard of anything of ours deleting the control.dat unless you run recon-all with the appropriate -clean switch.

I don't know an easy way to recover them. Do you need them back? You could
do something like copy the subject, run the intensity normalization on the copy, then look for points that are exactly 110 in the old (control-point-normalized) brain.mgz and the new one without control points, that are also wm in the aseg.mgz. This won't be exactly the control points, but would let you rerun without losing too much if that is what you are worried about