Hi Elena,

FreeSurfer put inputs in RAS coordinates (during the conform step at
the very beginning), so it will take care of this. But only if the
correct information is available from the input image header. If that
header was corrupted earlier, it is impossilbe to know what coordinates
the input is in and then this can happen.

One thing you can try is to open the orig.mgz from both time points in
freeview. Are they in the same orientation? If so , there might be a
different problem. If not, you should go back to the original scans
(dicom) and convert them to nifti directly (if possible) using
mri_convert.

Best, Martin