External Email - Use Caution

Hi Freesurfer Pros??
   I  want to know how the label file is generated?Is it the *h.cortex.label
generated after mapping the vertices into the space of the fsaverage? If yes,
why different subjects dont have the same vertices number of the
lh.cortex.label after  reconstruction? If not?? i used the command line
??mri_label2label --srcsubject mysubject --srclabel
mysubject/label/lh.cortex.label --trgsubject fsaverage --trglabel
lh.reg.cortex.label --regmethod surface --hemi lh?? ,that i tried to map the
vertices into the space of the fsaverage,but it still have the same
vertices,why?
   I am looking forward to your reply!Thanks.

Sincerely,
  KK