External Email - Use Caution

Thank you so much Martin, Matthew and Bruce for all the detailed
information.

Just to answer your question regarding MRI data:  T1-weighted data were
collected using a 3.0 Tesla Siemens Tim Trio scanner (Siemens, Erlangen,
Germany).  T1-weighted magnetization-prepared rapid gradient-echo (MPRAGE)
images were collected over 176 sagittal slices (TR/TE/flip angle = 2.1
s/2.25 ms/12°, 256 × 256 matrix) with voxel size = 1 × 1 × 1 mm.

Also, I did not perform any gradient unwarping manually, so I am not sure
if this is done automatically.

So as far as I understand from the discussion, to reply reviewer's
question, can I handle that something like this:

*"Geometric distortion of T1-weighted data was not manually corrected for
our current morphometric analysis. This is because T1-weighted data for
this study were collected using a 3.0 Tesla Siemens Tim Trio scanner.
Gradient nonlinearity correction in most of the scanners, including
Siemens, has a relatively small/no effect on morphometric measures such
thickness, area and volume, because morphometric measures are spatially
smooth and they warp both the white and pial surfaces similarly. Therefore,
the distance between these surface doesn't change much. However, such
effects can be very prominent in the periphery of the FOV. For instance, B0
effects can be large and localized to regions near air/tissue
interfaces (mostly inferior frontal and inferior temporal). Since our
results showed the association between morphometric measures of MPFC and
behavior (XYZ), therefore, our findings are not due to geometric
distortion."*

I am not expert in this field, so I would really appreciate any further
help.

Thanks.