External Email - Use Caution

Yes, this has indeed also caused me some confusion.

I took the label names from fsaverage (and thus from my v6 installation),
parsed ABIDE structural data (5.x) and wondered why there was no data in there
for most atlas labels. I was quite sure it was an issue with the fact that '%'
is a special character at first (as a programmer I smell trouble immediately
when seeing special characters), but at some point understood that the labels
had simple been renamed. oO

> On August 14, 2019 at 9:47 PM Jyrki Ahveninen <jy...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
> wrote:
>

> Hi guys,
>
> I (and probably others) have noticed the aparc.a2009s label naming convention
> has changed in recons starting from 6.0. “_and_” has become “&”, such as in
> lh.G&S_subcentral. It is fixable, but it may become a bit confusing for those
> who use fsaverage vs. individually segmented labels in a study that uses the
> different versions of  6.0 and beyond (e.g., those interested in using the
> subpmillmeter recon option). And & is also a special character, too.
>
> It is completely fixable, of course, but I just thought to bring this up,
> because it might cause confusion in some users. (For me, it was just a “why
> the xxxx does not my mris_divide_parcellation splittable” moment.)
>
> Thankfully,
>
> Jyrki

Dr. Tim Schäfer
Postdoc Computational Neuroimaging
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy
University Hospital Frankfurt, Goethe University Frankfurt am Main, Germany