External Email - Use Caution

Dear Bruce & All,

Sure, I wanted some advice from the greats before registering pre and
posteresection (intrasubject) scans.
I tried both registrations on several patient data, bbregister clearly
superior to mri_robust_register (used with orig/mgz) for both
postresection T1 or T2 registration to FS output, even when using a
mask for the resection volume with the latter.
The best results were using one hemisphere option (the
healthy/nonresected one), and the default or init-fsl for
initialization (init-spm and init-rr failed often), smth like
bbregister --s subj --mov T1postop.nii --lta register_hemiR.lta --o
T1bbr_hemiR_fsl.nii --t1 --rh-only --init-fsl

My last question relates to creating a binary mask from pial surfaces,
but to include mesial temporal structures (amygdala, hippocampus). I
tried the following, but the mris_fill process is killed (OOM) after I
upgraded to ubuntu 18.04. Is there another, more straightforward
solution for the mask?
Thank you,
Octavian

mris_fill -c -r 1 surf/rh.pial mri/rh.pial.filled.mgz & \
mris_fill -c -r 1 surf/lh.pial mri/lh.pial.filled.mgz & \
mri_concat --combine --i mri/rh.pial.filled.mgz --i
mri/lh.pial.filled.mgz --o mri/pial.filled.mgz
cd ./mri ; \
mri_binarize --i aseg.mgz --match 5 --match 9 --match 10 --match 14
--match 17 --match 18 --match 19\
 --match 25 --match 31 --match 44 --match 48 --match 49 --match 53
--match 54 --match 55 --match 57\
 --match 63 --match 86 --match 96 --match 97 --match 105 --match 106
--match 114 --match 115\
 --match 195 --match 199 --match 203 --match 204 --match 205 --match
216 --match 222 --match 225\
 --match 507 --match 557 --match 1200 --match 1201 --match 1205
--match 1206 --match 2200 --match 2201\
 --match 2205 --match 2206 --o hippoamy.mask.mgz & \
fscalc pial.filled.mgz add hippoamy.mask.mgz -o epimask.mgz