Hi Mason

mri_mask takes volumes as inputs, not label files. If you bring up your volumes
and the mask looks in the right place in freeview then it should work

From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
<freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> On Behalf Of Mason Wells
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 8:50 AM
To: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Masking surface overlays and spatial correlations
{Disarmed}

        External Email - Use Caution
Hi Doug,

I did try to use mri_mask but could not get it to work. I have the mask both in
label format (attached), and as an overlay in nii.gz format. The commands below
results in this error.

mri_mask lh_zstats_EPI_space_5mm_surface_smoothing.mgh
Atlas/lh_atlas_dilated.label test.mgh
mri_read(): couldn't determine type of file Atlas/lh_atlas_dilated.label

When I try to use the nii.gz as the mask, activation outside of the mask
remains (attached).

I would like to compute a correlation coeffeident between the atlas regions
(1-25) and all the output ICA maps on the surface (0-~250).

Thanks for all your help.
Mason

Mason T Wells, MSc

PhD student

School of Optometry and Vision Sciences

& Cardiff University Brain Research

Imaging Centre (CUBRIC), School of Psychology

Cardiff University

Cardiff

CF24 4HQ

UK

Email: wells...@cardiff.ac.uk<mailto:wells...@cardiff.ac.uk>

Tel: 02920 879628

Web: Cardiff University
webpage<https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/people/research-students/view/974214->

Mason T Wells, MSc

Myfyriwr PhD

Yr Ysgol Optometreg a Gwyddorau'r Golwg

& Canolfan Ymchwil Delweddu'r Ymennydd Prifysgol Caerdydd (CUBRIC), Yr Ysgol
Seicoleg

Prifysgol Caerdydd

Heol Maindy

Caerdydd