From: Rachel Wagner<mailto:rwag...@uwo.ca>
Sent: June 15, 2022 5:04 PM
To: Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu<mailto:Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: SPM to FreeSurfer

Hello,

I am trying to take my SPM images and cortically project them with free surfer
(SpmPainting - Free Surfer Wiki
(harvard.edu)<https://secure-web.cisco.com/1T_Lpxp9cC1mW8MHHtVem56Yk4Wt6jHB1_kEXL_UVjWkhtWW5kokRpWuwHmGdye6C0NNpHg7ZADzCWPnd5_7_sU2Y3u6J1-QUHmaJNOZzrS3ig9OuCXhwnb3LYUbElFU8_3dxXYGva1S1NEwrctcFiFdtPgTSJ9hiMx_YH3j__Z4kQKIqD-Q4Ojk86LNUkbR09SF9Nm931fNq1C7Dsv8hNN7P4TMLn2T1qcQbbqYboihhM70a5F4J_iD9xaZdyiPAB9UiTdGTVZtup-RzjNn4iiyNXe712IhsXRsNOf13SImLNRoEeX9zwaS6BOQ8R4hi_cw6ote3pkSLzX317SrnYA/https%3A%2F%2Fsurfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu%2Ffswiki%2FSpmPainting>.
 As it might be quite obvious, I have very little experience using these
softwares.

I am typing in the suggested code as follows:
developer@developer-VirtualBox:~$ mri_convert
$SUBJECTS_DIR/subjectname/mri/brain.mgz brain.img
mri_convert /usr/local/freesurfer/7.2.0/subjects/subjectname/mri/brain.mgz
brain.img
reading from /usr/local/freesurfer/7.2.0/subjects/subjectname/mri/brain.mgz...
error: mghRead(/usr/local/freesurfer/7.2.0/subjects/subjectname/mri/brain.mgz,
-1): could not open file
developer@developer-VirtualBox:~$ ^C
developer@developer-VirtualBox:~$

Is there something I am doing incorrectly?

Thank you!
Rachel