Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 13:38:44 +0000
From: "Kang, Jee Won" <jeewon.k...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Infant Freesurfer - manual edits
To: "freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu" <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>

Dear Freesurfer experts,

Hello, I have started experimenting with Infant Freesurfer (version 4a14499),
and we have run into a problem with very poor segmentation of the thalamus in
one of our subjects.

Is there a way to incorporate manual edits, as in adult Freesurfer, to improve
the segmentation? From this post:
https://secure-web.cisco.com/17dOvwIxNLzp7uy4sPSZtQcx10XecPwg7CgGSbSZM5j-YwZg1zBBCSzTMX-f7kzJheChbEnEcuUkYkB0BTVHm-xfRUhpzCX_TlsHbEdhGUH2gn0_nn1tmQpouRISZA9QRXaD3l3eQ1kIWuy2uUABxySUFiS4_qEzJtjIcwjyvMh8ZtTOn8xcW5DTC2nm0Ae87JZJlms41WbSoy6Z_ayhRcK7i7lzhi-4sHDOVOkmdF1tRE-L5MWw57oPO2Arwrz6jCrNRJO_N9BgWx-x8UXyqb71Z790ORylIu85GupJMjdQxZ657VrIAgHkKYj2RXULKeekubla44vFSi51p1r5hag/https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mail-archive.com%2Ffreesurfer%40nmr.mgh.harvard.edu%2Fmsg65925.html
 it looks like the option to make manual edits was a feature in the works, but
I am not sure if that is still the case.

I am guessing it would be inadvisable to re-run the infant data after making
edits (to wm or aseg.presurf) in adult Freesurfer?

Thank you for your advice on this!

Sincerely,

Jee Won