A lot boils down to the question.  I think codec2 is well documented and
list has always been helpful.  I also think the last question asked about
the UART was really a question about how to use the UART on the STM32
without breaking Codec2.  The answer was use interrupt driven UART (or DMA
UART) and that there is time to service it without affecting codec2 timing.
  Most documentation out these days are for HAL and it can be confusing.