Hi Glen,

We don't need to use the same chain for digital demodulation, since we
are not software constrained. Using Gnuradio, we can simply reuse a
flowgraph and connect/disconnect blocks on a click of a button to
switch from one mode to another. What I don't want to do, is write a
custom Gnuradio out-of-tree block like the gr-ysf. I would like to
create the flowgraph using only the default blocks, and do that
efficiently enough to have lots of room to spare on an ARM CPU like
the one I have on my phone. That's because there will be other stuff
coming, including a TDMA scheduler which is very sensitive re. the CPU
frequency scaling implemented by the (Linux) kernel, as well as H264
decoding - which I'm not sure I can do on the dedicated metal because
of proprietary stuff which depends on phone brand. Please don't get me
started on reverse engineering Qualcomm qmux device communication :)

I guess what I'm asking for is one volunteer for the 4FSK demodulator,
which I would like to use soft symbol decoding and Viterbi. Any
takers? Also, for people who like to test even buggy things, I might
have an SD card image ready to pop into a phone and play with.

Cheers,
Adrian