Hi Jeroen,

This is a very interesting project. If there's anything I would
change, I would add a more powerful CPU, capable of running some other
applications, like chat, maps, email, pictures.
Otherwise you could end up for example receiving a position report but
no being able to plot it without an external computer. Have you
considered using an SBC instead?
Myself I am approaching this differently. I am pushing for a SDR
solution but I lack the skills to design a good frontend with small
dimensions. Components for ISM bands are plenty and cheap, not so for
ham bands.

Regards,
Adrian