On 1/10/18, Sebastien F4GRX <f4...@f4grx.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Yes we need to get more people interested in open DV systems.

Lack of interest is a BIG problem. I have my own project which I
mentioned here before. It's basically a PoC, a toy, without much use
outside of making "cool" demos or introducing SDR to school students.
But with some effort it could serve as a layer 1-2 for a bigger
system. I've been looking for a layer3 solution for a long time,
something that would fit the amateur radio scope.
No luck yet. The landscape is too fractured and too few people
actually working on stuff.
The reality is that you need very solid infrastructure to make a dent.
And that infrastructure is very hard to do properly. The project I
consider the most advanced is SVXlink. We have a nation wide network
based on it. But it's time to phase out pure analog systems and Codec2
has the chops to do it.

Regards,
Adrian