I should have rephrased it, the SM1002 :)

I looked at this canbus thing and I thought to myself "self this is
trouble" so canbus no more, only modbus, very creative rx/tx switching, can
bite you in the backside though.
The board is getting very big, as I have the hotspot design for the pi hat,
I am going to panelbeat that into a modbus unit, and there we have a gmsk,
2fsk and 4fsk radio.
I used molex 43025/43045 connectors for the rs485 and for the audio, wanted
to use a db9 but it just takes too much space, I am a bit worried with my
long audio wires.
I the lower right I am thinking of sticking a rj45 conenctor block for a
universal mic interface like the original SM1000.
I have no plans for a speaker and mic in it.
The gps is packed, a quectel M70 device with a ufl connector, maybe sma
esge connector is better.
the esp8266 is another carrier board that I have to fit any of the
available units, in South Africa our regulator is full of crap with type
approvals and the only module I can find with CE certification is the
wireless tag technology modules. So I made a carrier to test various
modules, the ai thinker seems to have fcc, but I cannot get CE
documentation from them, same with their A7 and A9 gsm modules.

Is there anybody that wants to look at the pcb before I start packing it,
the sch and pcb files are in eagle 7.7 format. I cannot get my head around
this kicad thing, it is probably me, but with 18+ years on eagle and before
that 15+ years on pcad it is probably understandable.

http://www.lrlabs.net/hams/sm1002.pcb
http://www.lrlabs.net/hams/sm1002.pcb
http://www.lrlabs.net/hams/sm1002s.pdf schematic
http://www.lrlabs.net/hams/sm1002p.pdf current pcb overlay