Heat issues might be the case for 'shack in a box' rigs like IC-7100s,
FT-857s etc...

However, rigs like the IC-7300, IC-7610 will quite happily sit there
putting out 100W of FSK (e.g. FT8) pretty much continuously. It helps that
they have decent cooling. Since I'm feeding in that FSK signal via an audio
input, the amp isn't biased differently...

Can't really speak for Yaesu rigs, as I don't own any.

73
Mark VK5QI