Hi all,

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 22:00:54 +0100 (CET)
Werner LEMBERG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Attached is patch for ftmac.c, make it to return the number
> > of unique scalable faces.
>
> Please check in, and document the changes in the docs/CHANGES file.

Thanks Werner, I had checked my patch in CVS.

Before posting jumbo patch for ftmac.c to fix
deprecated FileManager & FontManager API issue,
here is a dirty new year gift: small tool for
regression-test of MacOS specific APIs. Somers,
How do you think of?

Attached is a patch of ftoldmac.c and bits to
build the tool "ftoldmac" on MacOS X. Makefiles
for MPW are now being worked. Yet I'm unfamiliar
to write portable Makefile that builds ftoldmac
on MacOS only, I cannot apply the this patch to
CVS tree of ft2demos.

USAGE
-----

 ftoldmac  [pathname in HFS syntax]

           e.g. "Macintosh HD:System Folder:Fonts:"
           quotation is required to avoid shell expansion
           scan directory and open all font files in there

Example:

        $ ftoldmac "Macintosh HD:System:Library:Fonts:"

scans all files in /System/Library/Fonts, try to open
as font file, and reports results: how many faces the
file includes, the name of face and style, how many
glyphs are included in each faces, the style (Bold/Italic)
for each faces.
Finally, ftoldmac prints how many files are scanned,
and how many files are opened (as font) successfully,
how many faces are scanned how many faces are opened
successfully. So you can know how many faces are lost
in the regression, by comparison the numbers for previous
libfreetype.

 ftoldmac  --font-listing-api=XXX --font-resolve-api=YYY

           --font-listing-api={quickdraw_old|quickdraw|ats}
           specify API to get system font list
           quickdraw_old:  use GetFontName()
           quickdraw:      use FMGetFontFamilyName()
           ats:            use ATSFontGetName()

           --font-listing-api={quickdraw|ats}
           specify API to search font file for given font name
           quickdraw:      use FT_GetFile_From_Mac_Name()
           ats:            use FT_GetFile_From_Mac_ATS_Name()

Example:

        $ ftoldmac --font-listing-api=ats --font-resolve-api=quickdraw

get the fontname list by ATS, and lookup font file for
each fontname by QuickDraw. By comparison the numbers
of scanned faces and opened faces, we can know "unresolvable"
face name. This is implemented to migrate QuickDraw to ATS,
you can know which font name in QuickDraw is unresolvable
in ATS.

# FT_GetFile_From_Mac_ATS_Name() will be added by forthcoming
# jumbo patch.

Regards,
mpsuzuki