On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 09:06:07AM -0300, Rob Shortt wrote:
> It would save me from having to patch mplayer for this every time. :)

I figured for this one release we do it, and then break it after :)

> MythTV uses a modified nuppelvideo format that mplayer can't play.
> Someone on the list asked for this because they had some myth files they
> wanted to play in Freevo.

I figure it's worthwhile to make sure we can be compatible with Myth;
especially because of all the people who will want to switch to Freevo
:)

The new pickle dump format increases the speed of the TV guide parsing
dramatically for me, by the way. There is barely any delay now.

> Well, I still have some things to update in the runtime.  Most of it is
> not too much of a problem but adding directfb support for SDL is a pain
> and need to come up with a new way of inclidung the drivers.

Patch SDL with the directfb patch; build Directfb as static

(--enable-static --disable-shared)

and link it statically.

> Oh yeah, I am hoping updating things in the runtime will fix that
> mysterious audio crash while changing songs.  I think this definately
> needs to be fixed before the next release.  If it isn't the runtime we
> will need to track it down.

Sounds good to me; well, I've never seen the problem, but I'm seeing
it frequently.

Aubin